Engaging your audience is the key to developing relationships, building trust, and creating more profits. That’s why you’ll want to use this handy-dandy checklist to help you capture and keep your audience’s attention. Take a look…
1. Create a Targeted Audience
The absolute first step in engaging your audience is to make sure your audience is targeted. That means bringing traffic in from targeted sources.
For example, if you’re running a Facebook ad campaign, then be sure to narrow your audience down by demographics and interests so that the traffic is as targeted as possible.
2. Cater To Your Audience
Once you’ve selected a targeted audience, then publish content that really appeals to them. This includes:
• Solving their problems.
• Sending them your best tips, tricks and strategies.
• Sharing niche news and how it affects your audience.
• Selling products to solve their problems (preferably with exclusive discounts).
3. Craft Attention-Getting Headlines
The next way to engage your audience is by crafting headlines that really resonate with the audience. This means showcasing a benefit and/or arousing curiosity. For example:
• Who Else Wants to Know The #1 Secret For Doubling Conversion Rates?
• Here’s The Super Simple Way To Never Three-Putt Again
• You Won’t Believe This Easy Weight-Loss Trick!
4. Call Your Audience to Action
Every piece of content you create should be designed with a goal in mind. You can help improve your response rate (and engagement) by specifically telling your audience what you want them to do next.
• Click here to watch the video!
• Share this post now with your friends!
• Click here to get your copy of this app!
• Register for the free webinar by clicking here (and hurry, seating is limited)!
5. Connect With Your Audience
Sending out great content is one way to connect with your audience. Another way to connect with them on a more personal level is to interact with them.
• Like their comments.
• Reply thoughtfully to their comments, posts and emails.
• Share their content.
• Showcase particularly good content on your social media pages or other platforms.
6. Challenge Your Audience
Another good way to engage your audience is by challenging them regularly in a niche-relevant way. For example:
• Challenge a writer’s group to write an extra 1000 words today.
• Challenge a weight-loss group to find a way to slice an extra 100 calories off their meals.
• Challenge a business group to work an extra 30 minutes today.
If you do these challenges regularly, people will look forward to them because they’ll like the end results. In turn, this creates a more engaged audience.
7. Celebrate Your Audience
The idea here is to showcase your members’ achievements. You can do this on a small scale by sharing their content (with permission). You can engage your audience even more by showcasing bigger achievements.
For example: Create a “Member of the Week” feature where you interview a member to showcase their good work. For example, in a weight loss group you might interview a member who has made consistently good progress.
In Sum… One of the keys to building a loyal tribe is to create an engaged audience. Use the above checklist to make sure you’ve covered the best ways to engage your audience!